Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Un mes en Perú

This was saved in my drafts from last summer in Peru-

Last Saturday the group went to Machu Picchu. It's only 35 miles away, but took us 3 hours by car and 2 hours by train through the mountains. It was an unbelievable sight- and my favorite part about it- the llamas! Yes, everything else was fascinating too, but I was really looking forward to seeing these llamas since I arrived in Peru. Unfortunately, our guide did not show up, so we had an impromptu guide that spoke poor English and said the words "well" and "please" every 5 seconds. He also only gave us half the tour, so we wondered around guideless for the remainder of the tour.

-That was as much as I had written...

From what I remember about last summer, other major events included Cindy contracting staff infection and having to return home to the states early. My 21st birthday the following week, and the sad goodbyes as we concluded with week #4. A whole month living in an orphanage in a foreign country definitely changed my life. I praise God for such a wonderful experience, and still praisin' for the opportunity to study in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where I am in this moment. More blogs to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment